Monday, May 4, 2015

Week 31 - May 4 - Nantes (New Area)

Nantes!

Monday: Today we went out to play basketball for the last time in Evry and then went to the last family home evening. One of the members in the ward made a cake for Elder Jacobson and I because we were leaving, it was super nice. I am gonna miss Evry and all the members.


Tuesday: Today I went to visit this old lady in the ward because she asked me Sunday to come over and say goodbye and we ended up staying there for like an hour. After that Jean Louis picked us up from the church to go eat lunch with him at a McDonald's. He payed for our meals and gave me his hat and his favorite french movie. I hope someday he will be able to be baptised. After that we headed over to see our recent converts Allan and Judith. We talked about temples and their patriarchal blessing that they just got and then gave Judith a blessing because she was going to go into surgery for something to do with her stomach the next day. Super solid couple.

Wednesday: Today I headed over to Paris to meet my new comp Elder McBride. He is a super cool guy from Canada and is only one transfer ahead of me. We headed over to Nantes which was about a 4 hour train ride and went strait to a lesson with his investigator who was getting baptised the next Saturday and it went really well. She is a super cool french girl that already read the Book of Mormon and has a solid testimony of the church. Then I met the other missionaries and their names are Elder Lucas and Elder Young.

Thursday: Today we found this super solid Nigerian named Imacutel and taught him the restoration in English. After that we taught three other people for the first time: Amir, Pedro, and Evers. 
After that we went to a less active members house and showed him a Mormon message.

I am gonna skip some days because p-day is over...

Saturday and Sunday: Saturday was the baptism of the french girl Laure and it was super sweet. I got to meet a lot of the members there. Sunday went really well too. I got to meet all the members and teach a blind less active.

love you guys and miss you!

love, Elder Carson

(This is his private email to me, his mom)

My new area is super sick. There is a ton of people and it is what I pictured France to be like. Tons of little shops, castles and giant cathedrals.

My comp is super sweet too. He is from Canada, speaks french really well, and wants to work with members.

Being in a new ward is super nice because the ward before didn't appreciate me as much because they always thought I didn't know what I was doing because I came here when I was a new missionary in training, but now with the new ward I made a super good impression with the members. It is super nice to have a comp that is cool and can talk with members.
His french is pretty good.

Jean-Louis was pretty sad. He took us out to lunch to get a burger the last day and gave me one of his hats and his favorite old science fiction movies in french. Super cool mish souvenirs. 

My new companion, Elder McBride!

No comments:

Post a Comment