Tuesday, December 23, 2014

Week 12 - December 22 - Evry


 Christmas Week

Since I am talking to you in a couple of day's, I'm not going to send out a big email to everyone, haha.

But the coolest thing happened this week. On Friday, we got up and did our studies and I was just reading through Alma 34 and I came across the scripture Alma 34:35 through 38 and instantly thought of Jean Louis (our investigator). After studies we met with Jean Louis at the church and he told us that he isn't going to be baptized anymore because his wife forbids it.. We tried to tell him why he needs to be baptized and he still said he couldn't because his wife would leave him if he did. Ten minutes into the lesson, another one of our investigators showed up super early for the appointment so my comp said to finish the lesson with Jean Louis and he will start the lesson with the other investigator (Xavier), I was super nervous because I had no clue what to say to him so I just told him that when I was reading that morning I prayed to know what to say to him and I opened up the scripture Alma 34:35-38 and read it to him. He looked at me and told me that he has never had such a strong conviction from any elder he has ever met with. (he has been an investigator for a year now but hasn't been baptized because of his Evangelist wife..) I talked to him a little bit about how important baptism is for his salvation and what blessings come from baptism and then asked him to be baptized and he told me that he is getting baptized NO MATTER WHAT!! I asked him to say the prayer at the end of the lesson and it was the best prayer i have ever heard, the spirit was so strong. After that I prayed for like a solid 30 minutes thanking god for telling me what to say in that lesson to give him such a strong conviction.

it was definitely the craziest experience of my life.
I love you guys and I can't wait to see all of you Christmas morning!!!
Love, Jax

No comments:

Post a Comment